No Malware | Privacy Guaranteed
1. Go to your Facebook profile
2. Click the "Make Cooler" button
3. Search and select your new background image
EXTENSION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
IMPORTANT - READ CAREFULY THE FOLLOWING EXTENSION END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (THE "AGREEMENT") BEFORE INSTALLING THE LICENSED EXTENSION ("EXTENSION"). BY CLICKING THE "I AGREE" BUTTON (OR ANY SIMILAR BUTTON), YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE "CANCEL" BUTTON (OR ANY SIMILAR BUTTON) AND THE INSTALLATION PROCESS WILL NOT BEGIN, OR DO NOT USE OR INSTALL THE EXTENSION. DO NOT SELECT "I AGREE" OR INSTALL OR USE THE EXTENSION UNTIL YOU HAVE CAREFULLY READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREED TO THIS AGREEMENT. FURTHERMORE, YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS OR REQUIREMENTS UNDER ANY LAWS OR REGULATIONS IN ANY JURISDICTION WHICH REQUIRE AN ORIGINAL (NON-ELECTRONIC) SIGNATURE OR DELIVERY OR RETENTION OF NON-ELECTRONIC RECORDS, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT CONSTITUTE THE COMPLETE AND EXCLUSIVE STATEMENT OF THE AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU, OR THE COMPANY ON WHOSE BEHALF YOUR ARE INSTALLING THE EXTENSION, ("YOU") AND THE DEVELOPER OF SUCH EXTENSION ("DEVELOPER"), WHICH SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT, ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATION RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THESE TERMS.
1. ACKNOWLEDGMENT. You acknowledge that the licensed Extension includes software components of Developer's licensors, including of Crossrider Advanced Technologies Ltd. (or its affiliates) ("Licensors"). You further acknowledge that this Agreement is concluded between you and the Developer only, and not with any of the Licensors. Developer, not the Licensors, is solely responsible for the licensed Extension and the content thereof.
2. GRANT OF LICENSE. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, the Developer grants you a limited, personal, nonexclusive, nontransferable, non-sublicensable license to use, only in binary executable form and script code form only, the Extension, for your internal use.
3. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. The Extension should be installed in accordance with the instructions of the Developer. Except as expressly and unambiguously permitted by these Terms, you may not, nor permit anyone else to, directly or indirectly: (i) commercially distribute, rent, lease, market, sublicense, resell or otherwise transfer the Extension, (ii) copy or modify the Extension either alone or in conjunction with any other product or program, (iii) decompile, disassemble or reverse engineer all or any portion of the Extension, except and only to the extent, that such activity is expressly permitted by applicable law notwithstanding this limitation, (iv) remove any identification, including copyright, trademark, patent or other notices, contained in or on the Extension; or (v) use the Developer's or its licensors' name, logo or trademarks without prior written consent from Developer or respective licensors.
4. OWNERSHIP; COPYRIGHT PROTECTION. The Extension is licensed, not sold. As between the parties, all title, ownership rights, and intellectual property rights (including all copyrights, patents, trade secret rights and trademarks) in and to the Extension, including all documentation, shall remain in Developer, its affiliates, or their respective suppliers and/or licensors. All title and intellectual property rights in and to the content, which may be accessed through use of the Extension, are the property of the respective content owner and may be protected by applicable copyright or other intellectual property laws and treaties.
5. AUTOMATIC UPDATES. You acknowledge that the Extension may include automatic updating. You may not deactivate such automatic updates.
6. TERM AND TERMINATION. The license is effective until terminated by you or by the Developer. This license may also be automatically terminated upon termination of applicable Developer's license/s by its Licensors. Your rights under these Terms will terminate automatically without notice from the Developer if you fail to comply with any term(s) of these Terms. Upon termination of the licenses granted hereunder, you shall cease all use of the licensed Extension and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the licensed Extension.
The provisions in the paragraphs above labeled LICENSE RESTRICTIONS, OWNERSHIP; COPYRIGHT PROTECTION, AUTOMATIC UPDATES, TERM AND TERMINATION, NOTIFICATIONS, THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS, COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION, DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION, DEVELOPER PRIVACY, ABUSE REPORT, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND WARRANTY, LICENSORS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND WARRANTY and MISCELLANEOUS will survive any termination of these Terms.
7. NOTIFICATIONS, THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS. The Extension may enable access to third-party services and websites ("External Services"). In addition, you acknowledge that Licensors may use certain features and/or monetization tools that display certain information and content to you while using the Extensions including without limitation systems updates, service announcements, administrative messages regarding the service, advertisements, coupons, sponsored messages, photographs, graphics and information about the Extensions. You understand that by using the Extension and/or any of the External Services, you may be exposed to content from a variety of sources, and that neither the Developer nor Licensors are responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such content. You may be exposed to content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies you may have against Developer or Licensors with respect thereto. You will be able to opt out of receiving advertisements.
8. COLLECTION OF ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. Licensors may collect Anonymous Information about you. Licensors may use such Anonymous Information or disclose it to authorized service providers, to improve Licensors' services, to enhance your experience with the Extension and Licensors' services, during the term of this Agreement or anytime thereafter. Licensors may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeted advertisements. Anonymous Information means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated and analytics information about the use of the Extension, demographic information, including but not limited to your browser type, operating system type and IP address.
9. CHANGING YOUR INTERNET BROWSER SETTINGS. As part of the installing of the Extensions, Licensors may offer changes to your Internet Browser settings. This change if approved by you can be reconfigured by you at any time from the options dialog available on your Internet Browser. Such changes may include the following
9.1 The homepage of your Internet Browser
9.2 The default search engine in your Internet Browser's built-in search box
9.3 The page displayed when opening a new tab.
10. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION. Licensors may disclose any information you submitted via the use of the Extensions if they have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues, or (iii) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Licensors, their users, yourself or the public.
11. DEVELOPER PRIVACY. You acknowledge that the Licensors are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the Developer. Any information collected by the Developer is subject to the Developer's own privacy policies.
12. ABUSE REPORT. Licensors respect the legal rights of third parties. If you have a reason to believe that any of our Developer has infringed upon your legal rights (including but not limited to privacy and/or intellectual property rights) or violated the terms of Developer Agreement you may report it at your earliest convenience by sending email to the following address email@example.com. As soon as Licensors receive your notification, they will, at their discretion, examine your complaint and take the necessary measures to resolve it.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND WARRANTY. THE DEVELOPER, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES REGARDING THE SECURITY, RELIABILITY, TIMELINESS, AND PERFORMANCE OF THE EXTENSION. THE DEVELOPER DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE EXTENSION WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE, THAT THE EXTENSION IS FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS OR THAT THE DEVELOPERWILL CORRECT ANY ERRORS IN THE EXTENSION. THE DEVELOPER DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, COMPLETENESS, LEGALITY, RELIABILITY, OR OPERABILITY OR AVAILABILITY OF THE EXTENSION. THE DEVELOPER DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR INFORMATION DEEMED INACCURATE OR INCOMPLETE. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PROVIDED BY LAW, THE EXTENSION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND And THE DEVELOPER, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, IF ANY, DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH RESPECT TO THE EXTENSION.
IN NO EVENT SHALL the developer, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, CONSEQUENTIAL, INDIRECT, DIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, non-infringement of intellectual property rights OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE EXTENSION, EVEN IF the developer HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE LIABILITY OF THE DEVELOPER, ITS AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES AND ITS THIRD PARTY LICENSORS, IF ANY, FOR DAMAGES UNDER THESE TERMS SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO DEVELOPER FOR THE EXTENSION, IF ANY, IN THE 6 MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM, FOR USING THE EXTENSION.
14. LICENSORS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND WARRANTY. FOR THE SAKE OF CLARITY, LICENSORS HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR THE OPERATION OF THE EXTENSION. SUPPORT, IF ANY, FOR THE EXTENSION WILL BE PROVIDED BY THE DEVELOPER.. LICENSORS HAVE NO OBLIGATION WHATSOEVER TO FURNISH ANY MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO THE EXTENSION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL LICENSORS, THEIR AFFILIATES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, LICENSORS, ASSIGNS AND AGENTS BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF MONEY, GOODWILL, REPUTATION, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, DIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE EXTENSIONS EVEN IF LICENSORSHAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
15. GOVERNMENT USE. If you are part of an agency, department, or other entity of the United States Government ("Government"), the use, duplication, reproduction, release, modification, disclosure or transfer of the Extension is restricted in accordance with the Federal Acquisition Regulations as applied to civilian agencies and the Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement as applied to military agencies. The Extension is a "commercial item", "commercial computer software" and "commercial computer software documentation". In accordance with such provisions, any use of the Extension by the Government shall be governed solely by the terms of these Terms.
16. EXPORT CONTROLS. You acknowledge that the Extension may be subject to international rules that govern the export of software. You agree to comply with all applicable international and national laws that apply to the Extension as well as end-user, end-use and destination restrictions issued by national governments.
17. MISCELLANEOUS. If any provision of these Terms is held to be unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be reformed only to the extent necessary to make it enforceable. Any waiver of any provision of these Terms will be effective only if in writing and signed by the Developer. These Terms are personal to you and may not be assigned or transferred for any reason whatsoever without the consent of the Developer and any action or conduct in violation of the foregoing shall be void and without effect. These Terms are governed by and construed under the laws of the State of Israel, excluding its conflicts of law rules.
Last revised: 12/31/2012
Consent and Modification
We respect your privacy online and recognize your need for appropriate protection and management of any personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") you share with us.
"Personal Information" means any information that may be used, either alone or in combination with other information, to personally identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, personal profile, a home or other physical address, an email address or other contact information.
Any information, video, image, data, text, documents, or other content posted at your direction onto a public area of the Site becomes publicly published content and will be available to all users of the Site even if such content contains Personal Information. Please note that if you publish your contact information, you may receive unsolicited messages from users and visitors to the Site. We encourage you to publish only information you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
Currently, we do not require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to information available on our Site. However, in order to provide you with certain products and services given through the Site (including the cross-browser extensions services), you must create an account ("Account") and provide us with your email address, a password that you will use for your Account and other specified information.
The Way We Use Personal Information or Anonymous Information
If you submit Personal Information to us through the Site and/or its services, then we will use your Personal Information to improve our services to you, to contact you and to identify and authenticate your access to the Site's services that you are authorized to access.
We may transfer your Personal Information within Crossrider or to Crossrider's third-party authorized service providers, but only to provide or to offer you services through the Site and to personalize your experience on the services. Note that your information may be transferred to other jurisdictions worldwide, including the US.
We may provide Personal Information and non-personally-identifiable information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies, or other third parties for the purpose of processing such information on our behalf mainly for statistic purposes. We require that such parties maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We may also use your email address to send updates, a newsletter or news regarding our services. You may choose not to receive email of this type by following the unsubscribe link contained in the email provided, however, that you will not be able to opt out of receiving notifications regarding systems updates, service announcements or other administrative messages regarding the site's services (including the cross-browser extensions services).
We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Site and its services if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce any agreements we may have with you including investigations of potential violations thereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues, (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Crossrider, its users, yourself or the public, (v) to respond to claims that any content published on the Site or the services violates any right of a third-party, (vi) to respond to claims that unauthorized information (e.g. phone number, name, etc.) of a third-party has been posted on the Site or the services, (vii) when Crossrider is undergoing any change in control, including by means of merger, acquisition or purchase of all or substantially all of the assets of Crossrider, (viii) pursuant to your approval, in order to supply certain services you have requested from Crossrider, (ix) to let our partners, affiliates and authorized service providers to serve you with commercials, or (x) to collect, hold and manage your Personal Information through a third party's cloud based services, as reasonable for business purposes, which may be located in countries outside of your jurisdiction, including but not limited to the United States of America.
We, independently and/or via our authorized service providers, may collect Anonymous Information (as defined below) during the use of the Site and its services including when you use any Extensions (as defined in the Developer's Agreement) downloaded from Crossrider's servers. We may use Anonymous Information or disclose it to third party service providers, to improve our services, to enhance your experience with the Site and its services and to offer new services of Crossrider from time to time. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers and partners, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeted advertisements.
Anonymous Information means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated and analytics information about the use of our Site and the use of the Site's services (like any Extensions generated on Crossrider's servers) including but not limited to user's browser type, operating system type and user's IP address.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
When you access or use the Site, Crossrider may use industry-wide technologies such as "cookies" and Flash (or similar technologies) which stores certain information on your computer ("Local Storage") and which will allow us to enable automatic activation of certain features, and make your experience on the Site and its services much more convenient and effortless. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Site user. The cookies used by the Site are created per session, does not include any information about you. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them, how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser. However, if you block or erase cookies, or change the settings of Flash, your online experience may be limited.
You may choose whether or not to provide Personal Information to Crossrider. The notices we will provide where Crossrider collects Personal Information on the Site should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you can still visit the Site, but you may be unable to access certain options, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, Crossrider wishes to maintain accurate Personal Information. You may check your profile and add information, delete information or correct any incorrect information we have.
Collection of Information by Third-Party Sites
Links to Other Sites
We take a great care in maintaining the security of the Site, its services and your information and in preventing unauthorized access to it through industry standard technologies and internal procedures, including through the use of tokens and encryption mechanisms. However, we do not guarantee that unauthorized access will never occur.
The Site is not structured to attract nor intended for children under the age of 18. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect any Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 18 years of age. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use this Site and its services and you may not provide us with any Personal Information of yours.
In the Event of Merger, Sale, or Bankruptcy
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Crossrider who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
"Adds fun and colourful
backgrounds to my facebook"
Melissa, San Francisco
"I can choose ANY image
of ANY topic I want"
Jenny, New York
"Make FB Cooler also removes
the advertising on my facebook""